BREAK 3:45 IN THE MARATHON: 16 Week Training Plan
This training plan is designed to help you get to the finish line of a marathon in under 3 hours and 45 minutes!
Finishing a marathon under a certain time limit is a challenge with a kick in the pants!
It takes a lot of hard work and training to get a marathon under your belt but for many runners they can't seem to stop there. They want to take it one step further and see just how fast they actually can run the marathon.
I learned though that training for a marathon with a specific time goal in mind takes a lot of hard work!
It actually requires training very differently.
Same sport (the marathon), same distance (26.2 miles) but different goals (to finish vs. to finish in under 3.75 hours) requires a very different training technique.
It comes down to consistency, quality runs, and the art of pacing. All of which you will achieve with this BREAK 3:45 in the MARATHON Training Plan!
Here is what is contained in your training package:
2 training plan versions:
- your complete 16 Week training schedule (4 to 5 running days each week with 2 rest days)
training blocks made up of:
- 2 week block of base building
- 4 week block of strength building
- 8 week block of speed training
- 2 week race prep and taper block
- all of the workouts you will need to run + explanations on how to do each workout and why they are beneficial to reaching your time goal. Running workouts included in this plan are hill sprints, hill repeats, tempo runs, mile intervals, long runs, goal paced runs and progressive long runs - all with the focused goal of help in you reach the finish line at the right time!
- a goals assessment to help you stay motivated + on target
- the training paces you need to run at to achieve the time goal that you are training for
- Extras: tips on pacing yourself, ways to modify the training plan, how to lengthen the training plan, etc.
Hi! I'm Molly, from All About Marathon Training. I coach marathoners and half marathoners through personalized plans and self training tools. With 6 marathons under my belt and and B.S. in Kinesiology with a focus in Exercise Science, I'm excited to help you achieve all of your running dreams!